« Home |  

About SPoT FM : beta


You can also read the Myanmar version of About SP0T FM: beta

So.. you really wanna know what exactly is this..?


I'll just go through some of the questions that you might be asking...


As time goes by.. I'll be updating this post too...




Q: What service is this?


A: This is an Blog-based radio created for Myanmar online community.



Q: What difference does this make? The service only play a few song while many other services allow you to listen or download HUDREDS of songs.


A: Yes, of course, those services give you more than enough choices. However, the difference is that "This service is emphasized more on requesting a song in purpose of dedication. So, this service run with your Feel, not the webmaster's feel". (but please lemme post some songs of my feel if there isn't anything to post, heeee =D )



Q: So how can I use this service?


A: You can be a spectator, enjoying the Myanmar music posted up here.. OR a participant, requesting music to be posted up here ( SPOT-ing a song ) OR a supporter by providing this blog with any kind, any genre of Myanmar music.



Q: How do I request a song (SPoT a song)?


A: Simply click "SPoT a song" Button on the banner of the page. It will bring you to the instruction page.



Q: Why did you call this SPoT FM? It sounds ridiculous.


A: Well... I was out of idea for naming this. At last, because it's hosted on Blogger's blogspot I have named this "SPoT FM". Any suggestion to rebrand the service is welcome. Just E-mail to spot.fm.mm@gmail.com.



Q: And Why didn't you release it as Full version service? Is that because every BETA service you heard are hot??!!


A: Nope... It has it's own reasons to be a beta. 1st of all, I have never heard of any service like this in existence hence not knowing if public would be interested in this. And a full service should be running with it's own songs rather than asking people for the songs, Isn't it? (Yeap, I don't have that much)



Q: So what about copyright case?


A: I suppose that you all might have seen many Myanmar Music sites that allows you to download and listen songs. This is merely a radio service, i.e; NO DOWNLOADING. So, if I were an artist of Myanmar, I'd be so glad to have my song here (it also proves that the fans like him so much to go thru all the trouble of requesting a song at this kind of incovenient service).



Q: I'm an artist, I don't want you to post my songs here? I perform to sell not for you to just anyhow post here.!!! GRR..


A: I'm deeply sorry for this Mr.Artist. Please let me know by emailing to spot.fm.mm@gmail.com. And I'll straight away delete the songs of yours and there will be no further posting of your songs to show you the service and it's users' apologies.



Q: I'm an artist too. But I aint a bad guy like that guy. I want you to post my songs. But I'm afraid that the public won't notice that my songs are available here.


A: Hi.. Mr. Nice Artist. You're greatly appreciated. Please provide your music by emailing to the service ( spot.fm.mm@gmail.com ). The service will let its user know about your songs.



Q: I'm not an artist. But I want you to have some of the songs from my collection, so that you can provide more songs to the users. How do I do that?


A: You're also greatly appreciated. All you gotta do is mail the songs or send a link where you have stored the songs to the SPoT FM, spot.fm.mm@gmail.com.



Q: I see that you're running on free web services for streaming and storage. As a faithful user of the service, I'm worried about it. Why don't you use a paid service?


A: I'm deeply sorry for that inconvenience. The webmaster, myself, is a student with no extra earning so it's quite impossible for me to use a paid service. Anybody who wanted to sponsor the service is warmly welcome. Please let me know by emailing to spot.fm.mm@gmail.com. Currently, the most thing the site need is a storage server which could let the service store it's graphics and files.



Q: Hey idiot!! How come the thing I wanna know is not here?


A: Oops.. my mistake, dear user. Please let me know the question by emailing to spot.fm.mm@gmail.com OR leave a comment in this post. I'll be sure to get back to you shortly.



Q: Oh... My eyes are so tired reading all your FAQs, Can you not end it yet?


A: =D That'll be all Dear user. Now, you may go to home page and enjoy some music closing your eyes. Let the music flow you. ;)

Post a Comment